Welcome to Vairt
What is the Vairt?
- Vairt lets you securely manage your accounts, send and receive VRTs and view your balances.
- Vairt is a free and open-source, client-side interface.
- Vairt allows you to interact directly with the blockchain while remaining in full control of your keys & funds.
For using Vairt, you need an account:
Create New Wallet
If you have 24 Recovery Words or an Access File, you can use those to import your existing account:
Alright, you can soon create a new account for Vairt. Before that, we have some important information for you.
Please take your time to understand this for your own safety. Your funds may be stolen if you do not heed these warnings.
We cannot recover your funds or freeze your account if you visit a phishing site or lose your private key.
Vairt is not a Bank
Skip your own Risk
Vairt is not part of a bank
Vairt is an Interface.
What is a Blockchain
- When you create an account in Vairt, you are generating a cryptographic set of numbers: your private key (represented by 24 Account Recovery Words) and your public key (represented by the Account Number).
- The handling of your keys happens entirely on your computer, inside your browser.
- We never transmit, receive or store your private key, 24 Recovery Words, Pass Phrase, PIN, Account Access File or other account information.
- You are simply using our interface to directly interact with the blockchain.
- If you send your account number (public key) to someone, they can send you VRTs.
- If you send your private key, 24 Recovery Words or Account Access File with PIN / Pass Phrase to someone, they will have full control over your account.
Wait, what is a Blockchain?
Vairt is an Interface.
Not a Bank
- The blockchain is like a huge, global, decentralized spreadsheet.
- It keeps track of who sent how many coins to whom, and what the balance of every account is.
- It is stored and maintained by thousands of people (miners) across the globe connected to the blockchain with their computers.
- When you see your balance on https://platform.Vairt.com or view your transactions on Vairt.watch, you are seeing data on the blockchain, not in our personal systems.
- Again: Vairt accounts are not part of a bank.
Why are you making me read all this?
Because we need you to understand that we cannot...
- Access your account or send your funds for you.
- Recover or change your private key or 24 Recovery Words.
- Recover or reset your Pass Phrase or PIN.
- Reverse, cancel or refund transactions
- Freeze accounts.
You and only you are responsible for your security.
what is a Blockchain
So what's the Point
- Be diligent to keep your private key and associated 24 Recovery Words, Account Access File and Pass Phrase safe.
- If you lose your private key (24 Recovery Words), Pass Phrase or PIN, no one can recover it.
- If you enter your private key (24 Recovery Words) on a phishing website, you will have all your funds taken.
Why can't Vairt do those things?
Protect your Fund
- Because that is the point of decentralization and the blockchain.
- You don't have to rely on your bank, government, or anyone else when you want to move your funds.
- You don't have to rely on the security of an exchange or bank to keep your funds safe.
- If you don't find these things valuable, ask yourself why you think the blockchain and cryptocurrencies are valuable.
How To Protect Yourself from Phishers
Phishers send you a message with a link to a website that looks just like the Vairt, Paypal, or your bank, but is not the real website. They steal your information and then steal your money.
So what's the Point
Protect your Scams
- Always validate the URL: https://platform.Vairt.com
- The only authorized view that will ever ask you for your Pass Phrase, PIN or 24 Recovery Words is the Vairt Keyguard at https://platform.Vairt.com
- Do not trust messages or links sent to you randomly via email, Slack, Reddit, Twitter, etc. Always navigate directly to a site before you enter information. Do not enter information after clicking a link from a message or email.
- Install an AdBlocker and do not click ads on your search engine (e.g. Google).
How To Protect Yourself from Scams
People will try to get you to give them money in return for nothing.
Protect from Loss
- If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
- Research before sending money to someone or some project. Look for information on a variety of websites and forums. Be wary.
- Ask questions when you don't understand anything or it doesn't seem right.
- Don't let fear, FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt), or FOMO (fear of missing out) win over common sense. If something is very urgent, ask yourself "why?". It may be to create FOMO or prevent you from doing research.
How To Protect Yourself from Loss
If you lose your 24 Recovery Words, Pass Phrase or PIN, they are gone forever. Don't lose them.
- Make a backup of your 24 Recovery Words and Pass Phrase. Do NOT just store it on your computer. Print it out or write it down on a piece of paper.
- Store one or more copies of this paper in one or more secure and private physical locations. A backup is not useful if it is destroyed by a fire or flood along with your computer.
- Do not store your 24 Recovery Words in Dropbox, Google Drive, or other cloud storage. If that account is compromised, your funds will be stolen.
Thanks for your patience! Now you are prepared to create a new wallet for Vairt. For that purpose, in the next step a popup window will open which contains the Keyguard app. Just follow the steps there and see you very soon in Vairt!